Home About Me My Classroom My Products Instagram TeachersPayTeachers Email BlogLovin Pinterest Facebook Image Map

Happy 2015!

Happy New Year, I can't wait to see what God has in-store for me this year. I have made my mental list of things I want to accomplish, create, and improve. If I make a real list, I will just be overwhelmed and it would take too much valuable time. I need to shorten the list! Life has been crazy, like I am sure it has been for most people. I feel like I never have enough time to do everything that I want to accomplish.. I am in the stage of life where I am taking care of and making decisions for both my parents and my own kids. It is a hard stage of life, trying to be the perfect daughter and not let your parents down and be the perfect mom who is there 100%.  With that being said, I think balance and being satisfied with what I do accomplish, will be my number 1 and only thing I write on a New Year's Goals List. Take this post for example, it was supposed to happen yesterday, it happened today.  But yesterday I took a shower, put on clean PJ's, and never left the house. It was the best day ever and I worked most of the day on a new writing packet that I hope to have done by next weekend.

I have 3 days left of Christmas Vacation and I am heading to Palm Springs with kids 1 and 3. Kid 2 has basketball and baseball evaluations on Saturday. My friend at Anchors Away in First Grade is organizing and running a family retreat for a local church. She is in-charge of the kid's program and she went with a Super Hero theme. Kim asked me to go along and be in charge of the children with special needs. I can't wait to be blessed by these little people and see what super powers will be present over the weekend. My own kiddos will be helping me, which I love. They always amaze me with their compassion and love they show the kids.

I know I will be recharged and ready to go back into my class on Monday. I only worked on my room for one day during vacation, I think that is a record. My closet was taking on a life of its own and was causing me a little anxiety. I can now walk in and find what I need, which always helps with my energy filled class. If I take too long transitioning from one thing to another, I pay for it throughout the day.

While I was going through old papers and trying to figure out the best way to file them, I had an idea. Control-Alt-Delete. That's my new phrase for starting from scratch. Why put all the energy into filing old stuff when I enjoy creating new things and looking on TPT for the amazing creations of others.
So my Game Plan for the new year is.... Stop trying to fix and change what I have done in the past. Just start doing it the way I want it to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment